B&W to Color





    I created three colorized versions of a black-and-white photo in Adobe Photoshop. Using Adobe's color selector website, I chose a color palette for each version (double split complementary, split complementary, and compound). I wanted to go with a more pastel color theme for my images. I adjusted the original color image to black and white and chose the "lighten" adjustment, then changed the canvas size to add more room on the right side to place an embedded image of the new colors. Using the eyedropper tool, I chose colors from the new color palette that would best correspond with the original colors and used the quick selection tool and color replacement tool to fill in the new color segments. The first two colorized versions have a more realistic skin tone and the colors of the third image resemble  pop art style with the blue skin tone. This project took approximately 3 hours to complete.

Comments

Popular Posts