Propaganda Poster

I created a "propaganda" poster in Adobe Illustrator and chose to convey a more positive message than what is often associated with propaganda. The message reads "choose kindness." Although it is a simple and maybe even "cliche" message, I want to emphasize the importance of kindness in every facet of life and treating others the way you would want to be treated. In other words, what goes around comes around. Because I chose a positive message for my poster, I used a portrait of myself with a soft smile. My eyes are closed because kindness shouldn't be used as a tool based on judgement or manipulation--it should be pure and genuine. 


The poster elements are simplified versions of the reference photo to capture the simple and happy feelings often associated with messages, art, and graphics from the 1970s. I was inspired by the flowing organic shapes and vibrant colors that were prominent during this era. I mainly used the pen tool to create the shapes in my portrait and background, then added text and manipulated it using the mesh tool. This project took approximately 6 hours to complete.


 Maximalist Posters to Match Any Room's Decor | Society6
                                                                            

Comments

Popular Posts