Somewhere

 

                                    




For the "Somewhere" project, I used Adobe Photoshop to edit myself into a scene from the show Spongebob because it was my favorite to watch throughout my childhood (this scene is from one of my favorite episodes). Spongebob also naturally has some realistic elements in many of their episodes. I set my phone up to take the original photo and made sure the lighting came from above, as it  is for Spongebob. I adjusted the image temperature and brightness of the original image of myself to make the lighting look as natural as possible so I blend into the scene. I wanted to be smiling at Sandy instead of staring off into the distance like Spongebob.
Then, I embedded the original image of myself into the Spongebob scene and removed the background using a mask. The most difficult part of this project was removing Spongebob from the scene; I used the clone stamp tool to carefully reconstruct the image and remove Spongebob. Next, I simply adjusted my position in the image and used the brush tool to add a shadow underneath me for the light coming from directly above.
This project took about 2 hours to complete.

Comments

Popular Posts